IT industry body Nasscom has advised its member companies to avoid travel to affected parts of the Middle East and urged them to enable work-from-home (WFH) protocols for employees currently stationed in the region amid escalating tensions. In a statement, the National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom) said it is closely monitoring the developments and that employee safety remains the industry's "foremost priority." "As a precautionary measure, Nasscom has advised member companies to defer travel to affected areas. Member companies have also been advised to enable work-from-home arrangements for employees currently in the region," the industry body said. The current situation in the Middle East is marked by a sharp escalation in geopolitical tensions amid the escalating US-Iran conflict. Nasscom noted that while operations across the IT industry are continuing "as usual" at this stage, companies remain vigilant and prepared to take additional measures if the .
Apparel exporters on Monday urged the government to waive demurrage charges on export cargo at airports, as flight disruptions arising from ongoing West Asian crisis may impact movement of consignments. In a communication to the civil aviation ministry, Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) said the prevailing situation has significantly disrupted international flight operations, resulting in route restrictions, airspace closures, flight diversions, schedule irregularities, and operational constraints at certain overseas airports. Airport demurrage charges are fees on cargo or baggage at an airport terminal being kept beyond the allowed free period. These charges encourage swift clearance. It varies by airport, cargo type and duration. These unforeseen developments have directly impacted the timely movement of export cargo from Indian airports to various international destinations,AEPC Chairman A Sakthivel said. As a consequence, he said export consignments are currently strande
Out of the international order book of ₹3.57 trillion, around 75 per cent is from the Middle East, L&T said in the Q3 earnings conference call on January 28, 2026.
Flight disruptions across West Asia prompt Indian authorities to release helplines as Air India, SpiceJet and Akasa Air extend suspensions
Hundreds of flights cancelled after West Asia tensions; MEA asks foreign nationals in India to contact FRRO for visa extensions and stay help
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Saturday held separate phone conversations with Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi and his Israeli counterpart Gideon Sa'ar as the Middle East reeled under massive tension following a joint US-Israel military offensive against Iran. Jaishankar conveyed to Araghchi India's deep concern over the developments in Iran and the region. "Had a telecon with Iranian FM Seyed Abbas Araghchi this evening. Shared India's deep concern at the recent developments in Iran and the region," Jaishankar said on social media. On his conversation with Sa'ar, Jaishankar said he reiterated "India's call for dialogue and diplomacy to de-escalate tensions". Following the attack by the US and Israel, Iran launched retaliatory military strikes targeting Israeli and American military bases across the region, including in Qatar, the UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain and Jordan. Earlier in the day, US President Donald Trump, announcing the military offensive against Tehra
Aviation watchdog DGCA on Saturday advised airlines to avoid airspaces of 11 countries, including Iran, Saudi Arabia, UAE, till March 2. The countries are Iran, Israel, Lebanon, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait and Qatar. Many airspaces are already shut in the wake of the attacks on Iran by Israel and the US on Saturday. Indian airlines have suspended their services to the Middle East. The advisory has been issued in alignment with international safety standards and the European Union Aviation Safety Agency's Conflict Zone Information Bulletin (CZIB), the regulator said. The watchdog has asked airlines to refrain from operating within the 11 affected airspaces at all flight levels and altitudes. Carriers have been asked to closely monitor all updated Aeronautical Information Publications (AIPs) and Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs) issued by the affected countries and national authorities. "This advisory is effective immediately and remains valid until March 02, 202
With a joint attack by the US and Israel on Iran triggering a massive military confrontation in the Middle East, Indian exporters on Saturday said the development is expected to push transportation and insurance costs up, potentially disrupting the outbound shipments to the US and Europe. They said that any prolonged tensions in the region could impact oil prices and that will have implications on input costs and current stability. Following the attack by the United States and Israel, Iran launched retaliatory military strikes targeting several American military bases in the Middle East, including in Qatar, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) President SC Ralhan said the ongoing conflict has already begun to disrupt established global logistics channels. "Air routes are being altered, and maritime trade through the Red Sea and key Gulf straits faces heightened uncertainty. If diversions become prolonged, shipments may ...
The Congress on Saturday condemned the attacks launched on Iran by the US and Israel, and called upon the Indian government to help bring the hostilities to an end and ensure the safety of all Indians in the Middle East. The opposition party expressed concern over the escalating hostilities in the region and urged the government to ensure that all Indians living there are safe. Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge said his party is deeply concerned about the deteriorating situation in the Middle East, following the recent military escalation towards Iran. "Peace and stability in the region are paramount and must be preserved. "We are equally concerned about the safety and security of Indians in Iran and across the Middle East. We urge the Government of India to take all possible measures to ensure their protection and well-being," Kharge said in a post on X. Congress leader Rahul Gandhi too expressed concern and called upon the government to take immediate proactive steps to ensu
The government on Saturday reviewed the preparedness of aviation stakeholders in the wake of the evolving Middle East situation and asked airlines to ensure timely rerouting, diversion of flights wherever required in accordance with safety protocols. Multiple airspaces have been closed in the wake of the attacks on Iran by Israel and the US. With Indian airlines suspending their Middle East operations and thousands of passengers facing travel disruptions, civil aviation minister K Rammohan Naidu held a high-level review meeting with the stakeholders. At the meeting, the ministry told airlines to ensure timely rerouting and diversion of flights wherever required in accordance with safety protocols. The review meeting of the civil aviation ministry focused on ensuring passenger safety, operational continuity, and real-time coordination amid airspace closures in the Middle East, according to an official release. Airport operators have been asked to enhance coordination with airlines
Arab and Muslim nations on Saturday sharply condemned comments by the US ambassador to Israel, Mike Huckabee, who said Israel has a right to much of the Middle East. Huckabee made the comments in an interview with conservative commentator Tucker Carlson that aired Friday. Carlson said that according to the Bible, the descendants of Abraham would receive land that today would include essentially the entire Middle East, and asked Huckabee if Israel had a right to that land. Huckabee responded: "It would be fine if they took it all." Huckabee added, however, that Israel was not looking to expand its territory and has a right to security in the land it legitimately holds. His comments sparked immediate backlash from neighboring Egypt and Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and the League of Arab States. Saudi Arabia's foreign ministry described Huckabee's comments as "extremist rhetoric" and "unacceptable," and called for the State Department to
Arab and Muslim nations on Saturday sharply condemned comments by the US ambassador to Israel, Mike Huckabee, who said Israel has a right to much of the Middle East. Huckabee made the comments in an interview with conservative commentator Tucker Carlson that aired Friday. Carlson said that according to the Bible, the descendants of Abraham would receive land that today would include essentially the entire Middle East, and asked Huckabee if Israel had a right to that land. Huckabee responded: "It would be fine if they took it all." Huckabee added, however, that Israel was not looking to expand its territory and has a right to security in the land it legitimately holds. His comments sparked immediate backlash from neighbouring Egypt and Jordan, the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation and the League of Arab States, which in separate statements called them extremist, provocative and not in line with the US position. Egypt's foreign ministry called Huckabee's comments a "blatant violati
Payments infrastructure unicorn Juspay opens regional headquarters at Dubai's DIFC to serve enterprise merchants, banks and financial institutions across the GCC
BPCL, as the company is known, has issued tenders for three grades - Abu Dhabi's Murban, Iraqi Basrah and Oman crude - for delivery from April to March 2027
Deaths and arrests have been reported through the week both by state media and rights groups, though the figures differ
A probing review of Captives and Companions reveals how slavery's long legacy in the Middle East shapes language, race, and memory - and how history itself becomes contested terrain
The explosive eruption began around 8.30 am UTC on Sunday, said the Toulouse VAAC advisory
The company, controlled by billionaire Mukesh Ambani, has been trying to sell grades including Murban and Upper Zakum on the spot market
Saudi Arabia appointed a prominent ultraconservative scholar late Wednesday as the country's new grand mufti, the kingdom's top religious scholar. Sheikh Saleh bin Fawzan al-Fawzan, 90, took over the position, the state-run Saudi Press Agency reported. The decision came from King Salman, based on the recommendation of his son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the report added. Sheikh Saleh, reportedly born Sept 28, 1935, in Saudi Arabia's al-Qassim province, studied the Quran with a local imam after his father's death. He became a prominent scholar, speaking to the faithful via the Noor ala al-Darb, or Light the Way, radio show and via multiple books he's authored and his television appearances. His fatwas, or religious orders, have been shared via social media as well. Sheikh Saleh has faced criticism in Western media in the past for some of his pronouncements. Human Rights Watch in 2017 reported Sheikh Saleh, when asked if Sunni Muslims should view Shiite as their brothers, ...
The state refiners have already informed their traditional suppliers of LPG in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Qatar about the likely cut in LPG purchases