Saturday, February 21, 2026 | 08:21 PM ISTहिंदी में पढें
Business Standard
Notification Icon
userprofile IconSearch

Page 8 - Mumbai

Redevelopment rush in Mumbai: Extra carpet area is the new dealmaker

For tenants, this translates into the promise of spacious, modern apartments replacing crumbling old buildings

Redevelopment rush in Mumbai: Extra carpet area is the new dealmaker
Updated On : 08 Sep 2025 | 10:33 PM IST

Bollywood actor Tiger Shroff sells apartment for ₹15.6 crore in Mumbai

The property in Rustomjee Paramount offers excellent connectivity to Vithalbhai Patel Road, Swami Vivekanand Road, and the Western Express Highway, offering residents a convenient commute

Bollywood actor Tiger Shroff sells apartment for ₹15.6 crore in Mumbai
Updated On : 08 Sep 2025 | 12:53 PM IST

Mumbai bids grand farewell to Ganpati; 21K idols immersed against all odds

Rains and a bomb threat failed to dampen the spirit of devotees of Lord Ganesh in Mumbai as they gathered in large numbers to bid adieu to their beloved deity amid the beating of 'dhol-tasha' and clouds of 'gulal' rising in the air as the 10-day Ganpati festival drew to a close on Saturday. Till 3 pm, more than 2,100 Ganpati idols were immersed in various water bodies in Mumbai, officials said. Scores of people were seen sitting on road dividers, terraces of buildings, balconies, trees, and poles to catch a glimpse of the grand finale as the idols made their way to the city's beaches and other water bodies amid chants of 'Ganpati Bappa Morya, pudhachya varshi lavkar ya' - a fervent wish for the god's early return next year. Earlier in the day, 'rangolis' were drawn on roads, even as parts of the city witnessed light to moderate showers since morning. According to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), 2,198 Ganapati idols, including 59 of 'Sarvajanik mandals' (local communit

Mumbai bids grand farewell to Ganpati; 21K idols immersed against all odds
Updated On : 06 Sep 2025 | 7:39 PM IST

Mumbai hoax threat: Police arrest Noida man for '400 kg RDX' message

Mumbai Police arrested a Noida resident for sending hoax bomb threats of 400 kg RDX in 34 vehicles; security has been heightened ahead of Ganesh visarjan processions

Mumbai hoax threat: Police arrest Noida man for '400 kg RDX' message
Updated On : 06 Sep 2025 | 11:16 AM IST

'34 human bombs, 400 kg RDX': Mumbai Police on alert after terror threat

Mumbai Police are on high alert after a threat call claimed 34 human bombs with 400 kg RDX were planted in vehicles; security has been increased across the city

'34 human bombs, 400 kg RDX': Mumbai Police on alert after terror threat
Updated On : 05 Sep 2025 | 12:53 PM IST

Arkade Developers to buy 3.54-acre Bhandup West land for ₹148 crore

Arkade Developers has signed an MoU to acquire Woollen and Textile Industries Ltd, giving it ownership of a 3.54-acre land parcel in Bhandup West for Rs 148 crore

Arkade Developers to buy 3.54-acre Bhandup West land for ₹148 crore
Updated On : 03 Sep 2025 | 7:51 PM IST

Arkade Developers buys 14,364 sq metre land in Mumbai for ₹148 crore

Realty firm Arkade Developers Ltd on Wednesday said it has bought 14,364 sq metre land in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) for Rs 148 crore. In a regulatory filing, the company informed that it has entered into an MoU (memorandum of understanding) to acquire 100 per cent shareholding in Woollen and Textile Industries Ltd. "The proposed acquisition includes a land parcel admeasuring 14,363.60 sq metres located in Bhandup (West). The total consideration for the deal is Rs 148 crore," Arkade Developers said. The company has completed 31 projects comprising 5 million square feet of area so far. It is constructing another 2 million sq ft area. Mumbai-based Arkade Developers is one of the leading real estate firms in the country.

Arkade Developers buys 14,364 sq metre land in Mumbai for ₹148 crore
Updated On : 03 Sep 2025 | 3:59 PM IST

India's top cities hold 106 mn sq ft TOD real estate potential: CBRE

CBRE estimates 106 million sq ft TOD-linked real estate potential in India's top cities, with Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, and Chennai leading growth around major transit hubs

India's top cities hold 106 mn sq ft TOD real estate potential: CBRE
Updated On : 03 Sep 2025 | 1:42 PM IST

Maratha reservation: Jarange Patil's fast hits Mumbai's nerve centre

Maratha quota activist Manoj Jarange-Patil's hunger strike at Azad Maidan has disrupted South Mumbai, impacting offices, financial institutions, luxury retail and traffic movement

Maratha reservation: Jarange Patil's fast hits Mumbai's nerve centre
Updated On : 01 Sep 2025 | 10:30 PM IST

Mumbai property registrations dip 3% in August, stamp duty down 6%

Mumbai registered 11,230 properties in August 2025, down 3% year-on-year, with stamp duty falling 6% as residential demand dominated and luxury housing gained traction

Mumbai property registrations dip 3% in August, stamp duty down 6%
Updated On : 01 Sep 2025 | 6:42 PM IST

Excel Infra to invest ₹252 cr in luxury housing project in Mumbai

Realty firm Excel Infra Construction on Monday said it will invest Rs 250 crore to develop a housing project in Mumbai. In a statement, the company said it has launched a luxury residential project at Bandra Reclamation with an investment of Rs 252 crore. The funding will be through a mix of equity and Alternative Investment Fund (ATF) structured as non-convertible debentures. The company expects revenue of Rs 400 crore from this project, comprising a 33-storey residential tower comprising 96 units. The apartments in the project named 'Bellissima' are being sold at Rs 51,500 per square feet. "With a well-structured investment and the adoption of advanced construction technology, we are confident of delivering a project much ahead of the scheduled date of delivery," said Virendra Vora, Promoter and Managing Partner, Excel Infra Construction. Excel Infra has developed more than 20 projects across Mumbai.

Excel Infra to invest ₹252 cr in luxury housing project in Mumbai
Updated On : 01 Sep 2025 | 3:27 PM IST

SC clears way for construction of new passenger jetty at Gateway of India

The construction of a new passenger jetty and terminal at the iconic Gateway of India in south Mumbai would continue as the Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a plea against the Bombay High Court verdict allowing the project. The high court on July 15 had dismissed three petitions challenging the construction of the Rs 229 crore passenger jetty and terminal facility proposed by the Maharashtra Maritime Board (MMB) near the Gateway of India. A bench comprising Chief Justice B R Gavai and Justice K Vinod Chandran dismissed the appeal filed by one Laura D Souza against the high court verdict, saying the issue fell under the policy domain of the government. The project in the sea, approximately measuring 1.5 acres, will be nearly 280 metres from the Gateway of India, located near the Radio Club in south Mumbai. According to the plea, the project plan involves parking of 150 cars, VIP lounges/waiting areas, amphitheatre and ticket counters/administrative areas along with a huge tennis ..

SC clears way for construction of new passenger jetty at Gateway of India
Updated On : 01 Sep 2025 | 1:02 PM IST

Maratha protest disrupts south Mumbai trade, traders urge govt action

Traders have raised concerns over the ongoing Maratha agitation and sought intervention by the government or the High Court to restore normalcy and protect businesses in south Mumbai from long-term damage. Federation of Retail Traders Welfare Association ( FRTWA) president Viren Shah said the massive gathering at Azad Maidan has thrown south Mumbai into complete chaos and affected weekend sales across shops and markets. "Mumbai feels hijacked," he said. Shah said uncontrollable traffic and swelling crowds have paralysed the city, severely affecting daily life and business. "This deadlock cannot continue. It urgently requires talks by the government or intervention by the High Court to restore normalcy. Otherwise, the long-term damage to south Mumbai's business and livelihood will be devastating," he said. Weekend sales across shops and markets have dropped to negligible levels, leaving traders and business owners helpless. Business meetings are being postponed, offices are disrupt

Maratha protest disrupts south Mumbai trade, traders urge govt action
Updated On : 31 Aug 2025 | 11:27 PM IST

Maratha quota stir enters third day as protesters march to Mumbai landmarks

With the Manoj Jarange-led quota agitation escalating into its third day and an early resolution not in sight, hundreds of Maratha community members have been exploring prominent locations in Mumbai, including Marine Drive, the Gateway of India, and Girgaon sea beach. On Sunday, the turnout of protesters in south Mumbai decreased compared to the overwhelming presence on Friday, when thousands arrived from across Maharashtra, bringing traffic to a standstill and occupying platforms at the CSMT station. Jarange, who has been on a hunger strike since Friday, has vowed to stop taking water from Monday as the government has not accepted his demand for an OBC quota for Marathas. After participating in the protests at Azad Maidan, which has become the new nerve centre of the stir, hundreds of protesters visited local landmarks like Marine Drive and Gateway of India on Sunday. Several ventured near the seashore by jumping the Marine Drive promenade, only to be dispersed by police personnel

Maratha quota stir enters third day as protesters march to Mumbai landmarks
Updated On : 31 Aug 2025 | 6:38 PM IST

Maratha quota protest: Maha govt open to talks with Jarange, say ministers

Maharashtra ministers Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil and Chandrashekhar Bawankule on Friday said the state government is ready to talk with Maratha quota movement leader Manoj Jarange, stressing that his demands are being viewed sympathetically. However, BJP member of legislative council Parinay Fuke cautioned against yielding to what he called unconstitutional demands, saying it would trigger bigger protests by the Other Backward Class (OBC) groups. Jarange started his agitation at the Azad Maidan in south Mumbai on Friday morning to press for reservation in education and government jobs for Marathas. Water Resources Minister and Maratha reservation sub-committee chairperson Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil said they have Jarange's memorandum of demands and it would be taken up for discussion. Jarange Patil has arrived in Mumbai, and he says he is ready for talks with the government. We too are ready. Reservation was never treated as a matter of prestige by the government. Once his memorandum i

Maratha quota protest: Maha govt open to talks with Jarange, say ministers
Updated On : 29 Aug 2025 | 1:54 PM IST

Manoj Jarange reaches Mumbai ahead of Maratha quota protest at Azad maidan

Maratha quota agitation leader Manoj Jarange reached Mumbai Friday morning, hours ahead of his protest at Azad Maidan in the city. Accompanied by hundreds of vehicles, Jarange, who began his march from his village in Jalna district on Wednesday, was welcomed at Vashi by supporters as he entered Mumbai. Thousands of his supporters have already reached Mumbai. Jarange left along with his supporters from Antarwali Sarati village, located over 400 km from Mumbai, to launch a fresh hunger strike. The 43-year-old has been demanding a 10 per cent quota for Marathas under the Other Backward Classes (OBC) category. Jarange has said his supporters would protest peacefully and not disrupt the ongoing Ganesh festival. He has been demanding that all Marathas be recognised as Kunbis an agrarian caste included in the OBC category which will make them eligible for reservation in government jobs and education. The Jalna police allowed Jarange and his supporters to proceed with their march ...

Manoj Jarange reaches Mumbai ahead of Maratha quota protest at Azad maidan
Updated On : 29 Aug 2025 | 10:59 AM IST

Maratha quota protest blocks roads near CSMT, traffic snarls hit Mumbai

The roads near the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) in south Mumbai witnessed massive traffic congestion on Friday after thousands of Maratha quota protesters gathered in the area. Thousands of members of the Maratha community spilled onto the roads leading to Azad Maidan, where activist Manoj Jarange is scheduled to launch his quota agitation on Friday. BEST buses and other vehicles could not move for over 30 minutes during the morning peak hours, an official said Senior police officers rushed to the CSMT area and urged Jarange's supporters to clear the roads and allow vehicular movement, he said. The efforts are underway to remove the protesters from the road and regulate traffic movement, the official added. In view of the protest, Panvel-Sion Road, V N Purav Road, Eastern Freeway, P D'Mello Road, Wallchand Hirachand Marg, Dr Dadabhai Nauroji Road and Hajarimal Somani Road have been closed for all types of vehicular traffic except emergency service vehicles, accordin

Maratha quota protest blocks roads near CSMT, traffic snarls hit Mumbai
Updated On : 29 Aug 2025 | 10:57 AM IST

Lollapalooza 2026 tickets sell out in 30 minutes amid Linkin Park buzz

The fourth edition of Lollapalooza will be held on January 24 and 25 next year at the Mahalaxmi Racecourse in Mumbai

Lollapalooza 2026 tickets sell out in 30 minutes amid Linkin Park buzz
Updated On : 28 Aug 2025 | 1:54 PM IST

Jet Airways to transfer Mumbai office lease to Parthos for ₹370 crore

Jet Airways, which is undergoing liquidation, on Wednesday said it has executed an agreement to transfer the lease of its office space in Mumbai to an entity for a little over Rs 370 crore. The proposed lease transfer, subject to approval from the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA), is being conducted under the provisions of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) and Liquidation Regulations, according to a regulatory filing. After flying for 25 years, the once storied Jet Airways shuttered operations in April 2019, following financial headwinds and subsequently, lenders referred the ailing airline for resolution under the IBC. Under the insolvency resolution process, the winning bidder was unable to implement the resolution plan due to multiple issues, and after long-drawn legal proceedings, the Supreme Court, in November 2024, ordered the liquidation of the carrier. "The company has executed the deed of assignment and other related documents in order to ...

Jet Airways to transfer Mumbai office lease to Parthos for ₹370 crore
Updated On : 27 Aug 2025 | 4:03 PM IST

Maharashtra govt forms committee to study impact of pigeons on human health

Amid controversy over the closure of 'kabutarkhanas' in Mumbai, the Maharashtra government has set up an expert committee to examine the impact of pigeons on human health as directed by the Bombay High Court. In response to three writ petitions, the high court had on August 13 asked the government to set up a committee to study health hazards associated with pigeons and the practice of feeding them in public places. The Urban Development Department on August 22 issued an order appointing a 13-member committee headed by Rajay Kan Devad, Director, Public Health Services, Pune. Its other members include representatives from the Bombay Natural History Society, Maharashtra Animal Welfare Board, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Nagpur, pulmonologists from Mumbai, microbiologists, and senior officials of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation. The committee will study the impact of pigeon droppings on health, public feeding of the

Maharashtra govt forms committee to study impact of pigeons on human health
Updated On : 27 Aug 2025 | 1:49 PM IST