External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar responds to US President Donald Trump's 'zero tariff' claim, stating that India-US trade talks are ongoing, complex, and far from final
The security cover of External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has been strengthened with the addition of two bullet-resistant vehicles following a review of his Z category armed central protection recently, official sources said on Wednesday. The move comes days after a military conflict between India and Pakistan, and amid New Delhi's punitive diplomatic measures against Islamabad following the April 22 Pahalgam terrorist attack, which claimed 26 lives. Jaishankar, 70, has been helming the Ministry of External Affairs' (MEA) initiatives in this regard. He has been speaking to various world leaders and foreign ministers of various countries about Operation Sindoor carried out by India in response to the Pahalgam attack. The sources told PTI that a recent review of Jaishankar's armed security was undertaken by central intelligence agencies and they recommended the addition of bullet-resistant vehicles to his Z category convoy. The security requirements necessitated the addition of tw
Pakistan realised that India meant business after its eight air bases were destroyed, and "sued for peace" by seeking a cessation of hostilities, government sources said on Sunday. There was no need for a third-party intervention and, in fact, US Secretary of State Marco Rubio called External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar to convey that the Pakistanis got the message after being hammered by Indian missiles, they said. The comments dilute US President Donald Trump's claim that American mediation brought about peace, said the sources, pointing out that Trump is given to hyperbole. On Saturday, the US president claimed credit for the understanding reached between India and Pakistan on halting all military actions, saying the two sides agreed on a "full and immediate ceasefire" after a "long night of talks mediated by the US". The sources cited above said the Directors General of Military Operations (DGMOs) of India and Pakistan reached the understanding and no third party was ...
Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a high-level meeting on Sunday with top government functionaries, including Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, a day after India and Pakistan reached an understanding to stop military actions. NSA Ajit Doval, Chief of Defence Staff General Anil Chauhan and all three service chiefs were among those who attended the meeting. India had accused Pakistan of violating the terms of the understanding on Saturday night and asked it to take "appropriate steps" to address these violations and deal with the situation with "seriousness and responsibility". The situation has since cooled down even though residents in several border areas continue to live in a state of apprehension following days of shelling and drone incidents.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a high-level meeting Saturday evening with top government functionaries, including Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, following the announcement that India and Pakistan have reached an understanding to stop military actions. NSA Ajit Doval, Chief of Defence Staff General Anil Chauhan and all three service chiefs were among those who attended the meeting. The directors general of military operations (DGMO) of India and Pakistan have agreed to stop all firings and military action on land, air and sea with effect from 5 pm on Saturday, Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri said. The brief announcement by the foreign secretary came shortly after US President Donald Trump said India and Pakistan have agreed to a "full and immediate" ceasefire after talks mediated by the US. The DGMO of Pakistan called the DGMO of India at 3.35 pm earlier this afternoon, Misri said.
Indian leaders, including Kapil Sibal, Mehbooba Mufti, and Omar Abdullah, react to the India-Pakistan ceasefire announcement, calling for peace, relief, and political discussions on the way forward
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar speaks with US Secretary of State Marco Rubio as tensions escalate; US urges de-escalation, offers support for dialogue
He emphasised that the high-level visit connected key policymakers comprehensively, allowing both sides to advance their partnership
India and Iran signed MoUs and pledged a humanitarian approach to the treatment of prisoners, seafarers, and students caught in legal or logistical challenges
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio urged India and Pakistan to de-escalate tensions following the Pahalgam terror attack, stressing the need for dialogue and decisive action against terrorism
S Jaishankar's remarks came at the 20th India-Iran Joint Commission Meeting held earlier today
Saudi Arabia's Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel Aljubeir is in India on an unannounced visit and held talks with External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Thursday with a focus on de-escalating tensions between India and Pakistan. Aljubeir's visit to New Delhi comes as the already frosty ties between India and Pakistan plummet further following the Indian military's targeted strikes on nine terror infrastructures in Pakistan and Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir. "A good meeting with @AdelAljubeir, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia this morning," Jaishankar said in a social media post. "Shared India's perspectives on firmly countering terrorism," he said. Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi also landed in New Delhi around midnight last night on a scheduled visit amid the escalating tensions between India and Pakistan. Araghchi will hold wide-ranging talks with Jaishankar shortly. He is also meeting President Droupadi Murmu in the afternoon. In retaliati
After India's strikes on terror camps under Operation Sindoor, EAM S Jaishankar spoke with foreign ministers of Japan, France, Germany, Spain, and Qatar, stressing zero tolerance for terrorism
EAM's statement comes in the wake of Indian strikes under "Operation Sindoor," which targeted nine terrorist camps in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir
Government reviewing the Emigration Act, 1983 to expand legal mobility for Indian workers as demand surges across Japan, Germany, Mauritius and other nations
Dr Jaishankar said India was preparing to meet the rising international demand for skilled and semi-skilled workers
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar outlines India's efforts to support its global workforce, emphasising skill development and institutional mechanisms to assist Indians abroad
In his letter, Stalin highlighted the growing concerns of Tamil Nadu's fishing communities, particularly in Nagapattinam district, where 23 fishermen were reportedly assaulted
S Jaishankar said that Europe must display some 'sensitivity and mutuality of interest' for closer ties with India
Emphasising the importance of the Arctic, Jaishankar said that as one of the world's youngest countries, India's future is closely tied to what happens in the region