About 110 lakh metric tonnes (MT) of paddy is estimated to be procured at the minimum support price (MSP) in the ongoing kharif marketing season from farmers in Chhattisgarh, a government official said on Monday. Last year, around 98 lakh MT of paddy was purchased from cultivators in the state. The paddy procurement drive will begin on November 1, Chhattisgarh's statehood day, and conclude on January 31 next year. All preparations are in full swing to start purchase of paddy and so far over 25 lakh farmers have registered, 95,000 of them new registrations, themselves to sell their produce at designated centres, he said. Registrations of farmers who were enrolled last year were carry forward this year, the official added. About 110 lakh metric tonnes of paddy is estimated to be procured in this kharif marketing season for which 5.50 lakh bundles of jute gunny bags will be required, he said. A trial run of the drive will be held from October 26 to 28 at all cooperative societies ..
The Bastar police in Chhattisgarh have busted eight key supply networks of Maoists and arrested at least 38 people in the last couple of years, choking the aid of medicines, explosives and logistics to the outlawed outfit to a great extent, a senior official said on Sunday. The establishment of more than 40 new police camps mostly along the supply corridor of Maoists during this period also helped in the task and to keep a tab on the inter-state movement of Maoist couriers, he said. According to police, cracking the supply networks is crucial in the fight against Left Wing Extremism as it is the key strength of Maoists active in Bastar since more than three decades. The Bastar region comprises seven districts - Bastar, Kanker, Kondagaon, Dantewada, Narayanpur, Bijapur and Sukma. In the last couple of years, the police have made a significant dent into the supply network of various formations of Dandakaranya Special Zonal Committee (DKSZC) of the CPI (Maoists), Inspector General of
Launching the National Tribal Dance Festival, CM Bhupesh Baghel said that Tribal culture is deeply-rooted in Chhattisgarh and the state is moving towards the becoming world forum for tribals
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on Friday said his government will soon move the Supreme Court for increasing reservation for tribals in the state according to their population. He said the state government has also set up a commission in this regard and it will present its report in November. Baghel was talking to reporters after inaugurating the three-day Chhattisgarh Tribal Festival here. He said when Chhattisgarh was part of Madhya Pradesh, there were 20 per cent tribals and 16 per cent scheduled castes in the state. After the creation of Chhattisgarh, there were 32 per cent tribals and 13 per cent Scheduled Castes (SCs) in the state. In 2005, the Centre gave its nod to granting reservation in Chhattisgarh according to population but this was stalled by the previous state government from 2005 to 2011, he alleged. In 2011-12, when tribals agitated, the state government gave 32 per cent reservation to them, 12 per cent to SCs and 14 per cent to Other Backward Classes
According to officials, the state government will provide at least 10 acres on a 30-year lease at a concessional rate of 50 per cent
Tribal MPs, MLAs and ministers of the Congress in Chhattisgarh will donate one month's salary towards legal expenses of the case related to reservation for the community, a party leader said on Tuesday. The Chhattisgarh High Court last month set aside the state government's 2012 decision to increase reservations in government jobs and educational institutions to 58 per cent. Reservations exceeding the 50 per cent ceiling were unconstitutional, the court held. The HC's decision resulted in a reduction in the quota for the tribal communities -- which account for 32 per cent of the state's population -- to 20 per cent from 32 per cent. In view of the resentment it caused, tribal leaders of Congress including ministers, MLAs and MPs held a meeting with the heads of various tribal groups here on Tuesday to discuss the further course of action, said party MLA Brihaspati Singh. A strategy was devised to fight a legal battle against the decision, he told PTI. Two tribal groups are going
Chhattisgarh is the only state that has been procuring paddy from farmers at Rs 2,500 per quintal, which is higher than what the Centre has set
Maoists set four vehicles on fire at an iron ore mine in Chhattisgarh's Kanker district on Monday, police said. No one was injured in the incident, they said. A group of Maoists reached near the Chargaon iron ore mine of a private firm in Siksod police station area in the wee hours and torched two trucks and as many sports utility vehicles (SUV) which were parked there, a police official said. Out of the four vehicles, the two trucks and an SUV were engaged in mining-related work, he said. After torching the vehicles, Maoists fled into a forest, he said. A police team rushed to the spot in the morning and a search operation was launched to nab the culprits, the official said. Maoists have in the past also burnt vehicles engaged in mining-related work in the area.
The Enforcement Directorate on Thursday arrested IAS officer Sameer Vishnoi and two other people after it conducted raids in a money laundering case in Chhattisgarh, officials said. Businessman Sunil Agrawal of Indramani group and Laxmikant Tiwari, uncle of "absconding" businessman Suryakant Tiwari, have been taken into custody in the morning by the federal agency from state capital Raipur, they said. The three people have been arrested under criminal sections of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and will be produced before a local court, where the ED will seek their further custody. Vishnoi, CEO of the Chhattisgarh Infotech Promotion Society, was questioned by the agency in Raipur on Wednesday. The arrests came after the agency launched multiple raids in Chhattisgarh on October 11 in a money laundering case linked to alleged illegal levy extorted from transporters in the state by a purported nexus of government officials, businessmen and private entities. The agency h
: The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has approved the demerger of NMDC Steel, a three-million tone steel plant in Chhattisgarh, from NMDC Ltd, the iron ore miner said. This is to inform you that the Company is in receipt t of the MCA Order dated 06.10.2022 received on 11.10.2022 sanctioning the Scheme, and the same is annexed to this letter. Request you to kindly take the same on record and oblige, NMDC said in a communication to BSE on Tuesday night. The Company is in the process of complying with the requirements as envisaged in the MCA Order and the observation letters received from Bombay, Calcutta and National Stock Exchanges, NMDC said. NMDC is in the process of demerging its three-million Greenfield steel plant it built at Nagarnar in Chhattisgarh with an investment outlay of over Rs 20,000 crore.
The state government would set up the units, for which technology transfer agreements have been signed with KVIC
Besides mining, the company has pioneered development initiatives and steered changes in improving the quality of education in remote areas as part of its corporate social responsibility (CSR).
Baghel also called for preparing an action plan for promoting millet-based industries after discussing with the departments concerned
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ABC) has arrested a senior official of the Chhattisgarh horticulture department in Raipur for allegedly demanding a bribe from a farmer for releasing the subsidy amount, an official said on Saturday. The anti-graft agency arrested Paramjeet Singh Gurudatt on Friday for allegedly demanding 50 per cent of the subsidy amount received by the farmer under a government scheme, he said. The action against the official was taken based on a complaint received from the farmer, who is engaged in the cultivation of high-value tomatoes, he added. "After the subsidy amount of Rs 2,66,000 was transferred into the complainant's bank account, the accused official started demanding 50 per cent of the subsidy as a bribe. The accused even went to the complainant's residence to demand the bribe, where his act of demanding the money was captured on a camera," the ACB official said. The complainant then approached the ACB and also furnished the video footage, he said. Acting
The company has secured debt worth Rs 10,238 crore and will make a capital infusion of Rs 6,826 crore
Current consolidated capacity is about 20 mn tonnes; mix of greenfield and brownfield projects, de-bottlenecking existing operations to help add another 10 mn tonnes
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on Monday said stern action will be taken if the state police receive a complaint of Central agencies targetting anyone unnecessarily. He was speaking at a function organised in the Durg district this evening. There is no need to fear the ED, DRI or Income Tax departments. If you are being targeted unnecessarily then as the head of the Chhattisgarh government, I assure you that if you lodge a complaint at any police station of the state against the concerned officers (of the Central agencies), stern action will be taken, Baghel said. We have to fight the battle of truth. If someone commits wrong then he should be punished. The government can't be run by creating fear.., he added. Later talking to reporters, Baghel spoke about complaints regarding people being targeted by the DRI, IT and ED in the state. ..We welcome all the Central agencies. We do not oppose them. If anything wrong has happened then action must be taken. But if people are
Overall, they cleared 83.7 per cent of instituted cases until August 2021- the highest in four years
Located in Khapri village, Balod district, the temple is known as Kukurdev Mandir
The Chhattisgarh High Court on Monday set aside the state government's 2012 decision to raise the quota to 58 per cent in government jobs and admissions in educational institutions and held the reservation exceeding the 50 per cent ceiling is unconstitutional. The division bench of Chief Justice Arup Kumar Goswami and Justice P P Sahu delivered the verdict on petitions challenging the state government's decision to amend the reservation rules in 2012 when the BJP was in power, said Mateen Siddiqui, the counsel for one of the petitioners. According to the 2012 amendment, the quota for Scheduled Castes was slashed by 4 per cent to 12 per cent, while reservation for Scheduled Tribes was increased by 12 per cent from 20% to 32%. The OBC reservation was kept unchanged at 14 per cent, he said. After the amendment, the cumulative reservation in the state went up to 58 per cent breaching the 50 per cent ceiling limit, he said. In the same year, Guru Ghasidas Sahitya Samiti and other ...